Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Mi País

I had to do a short essay on Singapore for Spanish class. With much trepidation, I wrote one. I got it back today, and to my utmost surprise, there were very few mistakes! I'm so proud of myself! I have to rewrite in this blog! Here goes:

"Singapur es uno de los muchos países es el sudeste de Asia y es una pequeña isla. En Singapur hay 5 millones de personas pero sólo 55% son los Singapureanos. La superficie total del pais es de casi 710.2km square. Hay mucho calor en Singapur; ;a tempuratura es en medio 24 y 35˚C. La Tasa global de fecundidad es muy poca, es 1.3 hijos por mujer.

En Singapur, no hay montañas porque es un pequeño pais. Pero mi pais atrae muchos empresarios porque Singpur es el centro financiero de Asia. Singapur es famoso por la cocina multicultural. A muchos Singapureanos les gustan los maricos y la salsa."

I'm so happy!!! Of course, I had help from Google Translate & Amanda's intermediate Spanish TB. STILL!!

2 comments:

  1. Haha yay to gf who knows Spanish.

    "Singapore is one of the many countries of Southeast Asia and is a small island. In Singapore there are 5 million people but only 55% are Singaporeans. The country's total area is about square 710.2km. There is much heat Singapore; to tempurature is among 24 and 35 ˚ C. The total fertility rate is very low, is 1.3 children per woman.

    In Singapore, there are no mountains because it is a small country. But my country attracts many entrepreneurs because Singpur is the financial center of Asia. Singapore is famous for its multicultural cuisine. Many Singaporeans like the seafood and sauce. "

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Google Translate is not very accurate! :)

    ReplyDelete