Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Capsule on March-April 2011

The Climb to Cerro De La Silla: It's a 1800m tall mountain. The peak we climbed up to was called Pico Antena, there are 4 peaks and this route was supposed to be the easiest. Ok, "climbing" is a wrong term cos really, it's a hike up the 4500m trail. But it was the most tiring thing ever by far in my life. Halfway up the trail, I was already exhausted. I have no idea how I managed to reach the top! And at the top, I expected shelters and maybe a drinking fountain. But no, there was nothing, nada! We had to sit under the burning sun, but the view was pretty because we saw behind the mountain ranges. Usually we see the mountain from the city.

One more thing, I stupidly sprained my ankle just before starting on the mountain, like literally ten before climbing. By the end of the day, my ankle was visibly swollen. The sprain was a light one, but the hike worsened it. The hike incline could be as steep at 45 degrees sometimes. I may be exaggerating, but it certainly felt that way. In any case, I'm so proud to have climbed this thing. It was something we had to do and finally did.
Church in Guanajuato: Guanajuato is a very pretty colonial town. The streets are colourful and the people are very friendly. Amanda and I attracted a lot of whistles on the street. I also bought my straw hat here for 199 pesos, about SGD20. There are not much attractions here, so we just walked, looked and see. (wrong tenses, but weird to say "walked, looked, and saw") I stayed a night here and it was one of the craziest nights I had.
Playa Gemelas at Puerto Vallarta: Puerto Vallarta is a very touristic beach town where you can meet many Americans, as a result, it's hard to find more isolated beaches. But we found this lovely beach called Playa Gemelas, which is a 15 minutes bus ride away from a bus stop which is twenty minutes away from our hostel by walking. The water is beautifully blue and the waves are great to washed over in. I never to experience waves this size that come slight over the top of my head, so when it comes, I have to jump with it, otherwise I'll get pulled under it. IT'S SO FUN!!!

Sadly, my camera is soiled internally, as you can see the spot on the picture above. There's no repair centre here, not that I know of at least. I'm thinking of buying a new camera. Shucks, should I? For upcoming beach trips, we'll be traveling to Yucatan where we'll be at Tulum, Cozumel, Playa Del Carmen & Cancun. So looking forward!
Los Cabos at Baja California: This was one super beautiful coast. We had to walk 45 minutes from the hostel to get to here. We're not allowed to swim here cos the waves are huge and you're sure to drown if you swim there. It's pretty thunderous when the waves crash onto the coast. However, there were not much to do at Los Cabos because it's very touristy and many things were expensive.
The Arch at Los Cabos: Took this picture from a boat.

In ending, I must say I have enjoyed myself tremendously in the last month. Went to many places and my most adventurous would have been at Puerto San Carlos in Baja California where we paid only 250 pesos per person (6 of us) for a 3 hour boat ride trip out to watch grey whales. Along the way we saw really nice lonely islands where birds own the place. The driver also dropped us for ten minutes at the sand dunes where the sand was finest in the world. Seriously, you can get finer sand than that. Wish I brought a jar back! Mexico is wonderfully beautiful and I'm super lovin' it here.

1 comment: